Tuesday 19 April 2011

Inspiration....

As a kid your always told to get a job that involves doing something you enjoy, sometimes it's not always that easy but thankfully I've managed to get myself work in an interest I have always had and will always be a massive part of my life....Music.

Whilst growing up I've gone through severe changes in my music taste varying all the way from the Spice Girls to Foo Fighters with 2Pac in between but since my mid teens I have found what I would class as my 'spiritual home' which is dance music.

Anyone who knows me and it doesn't have to be that well knows that I wander round either singing the most annoying one line that is in my head or creating random riffs with very inaccurate sound effects and this prooves how much of an influence dance music and music in general is on me as a person.  However there are times as we are only human and no one is perfect that even though my work is concentrated around a great love of mine that you find yourself a little 'uninspired' by whats around you and it's these moments in life that make you realise how much you love something because for me, the one thing that can easily reinspire me when it comes to music and DJing its more music and more DJing and sometimes one or two pieces of music or videos or memories that I always end up using.

My favourite producer when it comes to dance music is Fedde Le Grand, he represents on a larger scale the type of music I would define as 'my taste' and it is one of his youtube videos that on one watch can easily fire me up for work even 5 days before my next gig.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FR4up7qK0wY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's occasions and events like that which inspire you as a bedroom DJ before you ever walk into a club as a young fresh faced DJ with nothing but CDs and headphones, its occasions and events like that which you dream about filming for yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment